One of my goals during 2012 is to work on some of the "problem" areas I have identified in my dachshund's. I have decided to limit myself to at least twelve goals, one goal a month, to give me the best possible chance of actually succeeding. Procrastination is my middle name. Yes. Most of the goals are for Texas, at 12 (or 10 I still can't figure out which) Bubbles is pretty much set in her ways, or... more so "I'm" set in her ways. We've worked recently on her "wait" command, but that's about it, she knows "Sit", Her Name, and Comes. She's not destructive, is potty trained, and sleeps all day. What more could I ask for?
Goals for 2012
- Work on Texas's Dog-to-Dog re-activity (the above picture shouldn't happen again). Put a barrier between Texas and other dog and "its on".
- Work on the Relaxation Protocol all the way to the end.
- Texas: Be able to be crated quietly around distractions.
- Be able to have people to my home more often. (This doesn't happen well now, as Texas though comfortable being kenneled, screams bloody murder if he can hear other people in the house besides me.
- Work on basic agility with Texas.
- Read Control Unleashed & When Pigs Fly
- Find toys Texas will play with consistently
- Handle Texas from Head to Toe daily (You'd be surprised, but apparently handling your dog OCCASIONALLY over three years, leads to them becoming adverse to it. O_o)
- Be able to put a sweater on him without him shutting down. (We actually started working on that this week)
- Door Manners
- Only use dog bowls for water.
|Seriously Mom? What a lotta work!|
What about you guys, do you have any goals for you and your dogs this year?