My father was convinced Bubbles was a dumb dog, because we could never get her to do anything, however I changed that fact when i started teaching her some different things.
While she doesn't get the whole "follow the treat" thing, she's learned to:
- Sitting on all types of flooring. (She used to refuse to sit anywhere but carpet),
- Eating all of her food from her bowl..(she used to take a mouthful to the living room, and it there)
- Coming when called
- Coming when the whistle is blown
- Kenneling when I point to her crate
- And leaving the room when I say "out".
Dumb dog? I don't think so.
This year, I've noticed a significant decrease in Bubble's energy, she sleeps all the time, which is nothing new, but she's spending even less time outside...and sometimes she won't even get up off the couch, when we all dash out. She's getting old gracefully.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!