Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Foodies

So I has to use my professional voice for dis post. 
*ahem*

So my friend Daisy's Mom at the The Teacher's Pet Blog, was posting about the raw meaty bones she gives Daisy, a great post if I do say so myself, cause well you'll see. but if you haven't read than you can go see it

The reason I like this post so much is cause, mom has just decided to feed us, well me and Bubbles anyway, RAW food! She's been thinking, and thinking, and reading and reading some more and finally decided that she was tired of trying to find a kibble that was not going to break her bank, yet still be healthy for us. So the next day she went out and bought us a TONS of chicken, and chicken necks and stuffs. Well ok it was only 10lbs but you can't beat $4 for that? 

Mom had to cut the chicken necks up for Bubbles a little bit cause her teeths are all about to fall out. But me, I can chomp em' down no problems! Pompei is SUPER jealous cause he can only eat the kibbles and can't even be in the room cause he'll steal it from me. 
Chicken for Bubbles....
The other day mom gave me a whole entire chicken leg cause I can eat it up real good. Mom says after we get through with all that chicken we can have some other meat like beef or duck, or turkey or fish or pork or  even organs and a whole bunch of other yumminess.  I can only get like 4 ounces of meat for the whoooole day. Which is really little when you think of it..butt mom doesn't want me to get fat. Bubbles gets 6 ounces cause she weighs like...5lbs more than I do. 


Anyway if you want to know more about feeding RAW check out these websites: Raw Fed Dogs and The Many Myths of Raw Feeding . There is a bunch more butt you can just google them yourselves. Sorry I gots to run outs now... gotta burn some calories to make sure I have lots of room for dinner tonight!! 
Is it time to eat yet? 
BAYL!


Note from Erin: I just wanted to mention, as this has been brought up as a concern, and completely valid one I might add. They are consuming the bones of the meat they are given. The bones contain important nutrients for the dog, as well as keeping their teeth clean and in good working order. They are not given bones at every meal, but enough to make sure they are getting what they need from it. All meals are monitored carefully to make sure they don't choke on anything. ...given the speed at which SOME try to consume their food, that's a problem whether there is bone or not. 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky!!! Doesn't the chicken look so yummy? I got to tell my mom about it again! I know she had read that post but she didn't give that kind of chicken meat to me. I've to talk to her again.
OH, I admire you!!!
~ Eva

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oh PLEASE PLEASE.... talk to your VET about the chicken BONES. I had a dog almost DIE from chicken bones... that our neighbor gave to her.. PLEASE.. ASK your VET before you give them any more chicken... that is still on the bone.

K9 Katastrophie said...

I am dreaming of chicken....

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness! You two are so lucky!!! We almost passed out from so much jealousness. We definitely have to get our mom to read this post PRONTO. Enjoy your delicious dinners!

Flash, Alven and Dottie

Mack said...

I am so jellyish! I have always wanted to eat a raw diet!!

Sugars,
Mack

Kari in Alaska said...

enjoy your new food!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Rachel Lauren Photography said...

I'm glad you posted this, I've been feeding my dogs a raw diet for about 6 months now...will never go back to kibble again!

*All raw bones are safe. It's COOKED chicken bones that can be fatal to dogs, because cooked bones splinter.

Your host said...

Hurray raw! My two standard doxies get 1/2 of a chicken back or breast frame every day. Sometimes they get some organ meat. For convenience, they get a high-quality grain-free kibble for their second meal. They get a lot of other basic food too...kale stalks, celery, tomatoes, apples (no cores), cabbage hearts, bananas, carrots, green beans, sugar snap peas...all raw. I'm careful to watch quantity because there's nothing worse than an overweight hotdog!

Mom of the Bow Wow Sisterhood said...

Hurray raw! My two standard doxies get 1/2 of a chicken back or breast frame every day. Sometimes they get some organ meat. For convenience, they get a high-quality grain-free kibble for their second meal. They get a lot of other basic food too...kale stalks, celery, tomatoes, apples (no cores), cabbage hearts, bananas, carrots, green beans, sugar snap peas...all raw. I'm careful to watch quantity because there's nothing worse than an overweight hotdog!

Rachel Lauren Photography said...

I'm glad you posted this, I've been feeding my dogs a raw diet for about 6 months now...will never go back to kibble again!

*All raw bones are safe. It's COOKED chicken bones that can be fatal to dogs, because cooked bones splinter.

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness! You two are so lucky!!! We almost passed out from so much jealousness. We definitely have to get our mom to read this post PRONTO. Enjoy your delicious dinners!

Flash, Alven and Dottie