Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Adventure #1

Hello, My name is Erin and i am crazy. Insane.Out of my mind.
Yes I will gladly take on any of those phrases when you hear about my little adventure tonight.It started out as a typical Monday evening. Pompei and I had arrived home from choir practice, eaten dinner and were settled into our evening routine. I was in the middle of listing my camera on craigslist.com when there was a knock at my front door. This was strange in and of itself, because my drive leads to my backdoor, and hence where everyone goes. I figured my roommate must have walked across the yard and not feeling like going around the back, knocked on the locked front door.

Imagine my surprise when I see my neighbor and his granddaughter (whom we rarely speak too..or even see really) standing on my front porch, holding a scared 9mo Jack Russell terrier mix. Five minutes later they were giving me a story about her the granddaughters father threatening to kill the dog if they didn't get rid of it. I really have no reason to disbelieve there story, as the grandfather kept saying he hated to see any dog mistreated, and that the family didn't know how to take of the animal. 


I was between a rock in a hard place, it was 10:00pm and I really didn't know what else to do but agree to take the dog in, and see if I can find a rescue group who will take her. As we all know my father aka landlord is not "cool" with me having four dogs long term so I'll need to find her a home as quickly as possible. 


Since it was dark, and Texas is horrible about dog-dog greetings in the dark, I decided to block her off in the laundry room, and let the dogs sniff each other through the gate. Amazingly enough all the dogs were calm during the greeting, and even Texas was quiet through out the sniffing process. 


I gave her some heartworm meds, and a flea treatment just in case, and am probably won't let my dogs interact with her much, not knowing her history. 


See!!?! 

I told you I'm crazy. 

AaaaAAaAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! 


Oh and if anyone knows of anyone in the East TN area looking for a pup......well you know where to find me!!:)
Erin and company

2 comments:

JacksDad said...

Well you're a good person!! I don't know what I would have done.

3 doxies said...

why did they get da doggie in da furst place? You are a wonderful person withs a good heart. My mum wouldn't be ables to do that with us and Mr. Dad. Mr. dad says no more doggies.
Puddles