Thursday, December 11, 2008

December 11: The Million Dollar Question

As a Puppy Walker, the statistics for our dogs making it is only 50%; Guiding is a hard job, and the dogs need to be mentally and physically able to handle the challenges that will be presented to them. So I am always prepared for the worst, and hope for the best!

While I feel Midnight is a great dog, very confident and willing to please, you never know....so until she graduates, I always wonder, what I would do if she WAS career changed.

I just adopted Texas, so that would bring my pet count up to 3, plus a guide dog puppy.....
Then add everyday things such as, school and work into the mix....as well as finding a place for them when we traveled....its not cheap. Unless I just (once again) work at ANOTHER doggie daycare/kennel. Which might not work since GDF is very hard to get to spay/neuter one of the dogs...and that is always an issue with daycare's.

Wow, it would defiantly be a lot of work...but as of now I don't have to make that decision, so we'lll just put it on the back burner for now.

In the meantime ....

We made a mistake; Texas is NOT a standard dachsund! He's a minature!!
It says it right there on his vet records, but I guess I was focused on the fact, that I wanted to "matching" dogs, that I kind of just overlooked that as a mistake.
I forgot that his previous owners BROUGHT him to the hospital and filled out the forms BEFORE leaving him.
Silly me.

1 comment:

Carrie and Waffle said...

ok Erin- ya' know after labs THEY all are minitures.