Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Appointment


Thanks for all of your kind words! It is greatly appreciated!!!

Victoria and I met her new mom around 10:30 this morning, at a Therapy Center housed inside of a refurbished historic building. Victoria is always eager to greet new humans 1-1 and went up to the lady with tail wagging. *gulp

We walk into an office, and I let Victoria walk around a greet the ladies, who were firing question after question at me. I told them about the different commands she knew,(*disclaiming it by reminding them she is an adolescent and "thinking for herself right now") and demonstrated some of them; which she did quickly (much to my amazement).

They were both impressed at how quickly she responded, and proceeded to tell me they were looking at her for a Therapy Dog for their counseling center. *gulp a good home AND a job?

Her "mom" wanted to spend sometime with her away from me, as Vicki was acting pretty clingy..which is too be expected. So she attempted to take her upstairs. I say attempted because Victoria flat out decided that she was NOT going anywhere with this lady, if her mom(me) was in the other room. So I walked her up the steps and quickly left.

What seemed like an eternity lady, they make their way back down stairs.....and walk past ...eer shuffle/drag past me.

It hurt me to know that Vicki was so scared, but I knew she'd be fine.

Another eternity passed before they brought her back to me.

Stating that she was a winner! They think she has the temperament that they need in a dog, and she might be able to pass the Delta Society Test (whatever that is)

I'm happy for her.

For Real.

While she might be fearful, I knew she needs a job, and what better one than loving on and being loved?

*Ssssigggghhhhhhh*

I'm going to miss my girl.

Erin & Co

2 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

glad this seems like the perfect home for her but also feel for your sadness

Taffy said...

I don't see how you do it. You have had so many wonderful pups in the short time I've known you. I have so much respect for you and what you do. I would be a total mess going through that over and over. Thank you for giving so freely of yourself to help others!
Hugs,
Teresa and Twix