Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Surprise!!!!

Meet Pompeii, he is my fourth guide dog puppy, that I will be raising for the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind...you didn't think I'd leave them forever now did you? Well my life circumstances have changed, and I will have more time to volunteer. To put it simply I will be leaving my positions with Wilderwood Service Dogs, to go back to school full time. I will still work at UT to sustain me, but I couldn't do both and school at the same time.

It wasn't an easy decision at all, but one that had to be made. I'd planned on raising one of Midnight's pups when she had them, but unfortunatly she didn't get pregnant this time, so I decided that since I was leaving WSD anyway, I'd line myself up for another GDF puppy. (Not fostering with Wilderwood due to time lengths 3-6months with them verses 12-14 months with GDF but plan on staying involved with them as I can) Well...I got an email last week, letting me know that my puppy was going to be delievered today.

Instant panic mode!!! But we got things together, changed schedules, rearranged plans, and went to pick him up at our puppy meeting tonight.

He's a noisy little bugger, and spent the last 30 minutes squawking...but now he's quiet....lets just hope I can go into my room without disturbing him!! *gulp*
**Pompeii's First Puppy Meeting**
Pompeii is a yellow puppy sleeping on his side, beside a blue,yellow,pink,and purple doll, with different textured hands and feet for chewing
Pompeii laying in front of doll toy,with his nosed mashed against the carpet,smelling the smells that it holdsPompeii manages to get his leash tangled around a chair, and is straining against it trying to get free
I am looking forward to our year together!

Pompeii
Erin & Co

P.S. (Someone forgot to mention to me that keeping Victoria was not my decision after all, but my parents. And they said I couldn't keep her and Pompeii as well...so yes I'm upset, hurt, disappoint,....which has taken out a lot of the fun of having Pompy here...I know she'll find a good home, not matter how hard I wish it were mine. Words can't describe how much I will miss that dog.)

12 comments:

Ally and Eclipse said...

Welcome Pompeii. I completely and utterly understand your feelings about Victoria, more than I wish I did! You're in my thoughts!

Mickelle said...

YAY for new puppies!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Awww, he's cute! I'm sorry about Victoria, hopefully you had a nice good bye.

Carrie and Waffle said...

sorry about victoria, everytime they leave no matter why is hard. But glad to meet Pompy! and he looks like a big boy! can't wait to see him grow up

Lora said...

Hi Erin, So sorry to hear about Victoria....that is such a bummer! I do hope, however, that Pompeii helps to fill the time and the void that you will feel when Victoria is gone. You do a wonderful thing by working with the dogs. You help to change the otherwise difficult and challenging world of the differently abled individual. Just think of the joy that you spread!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Good for you, and even better for Pompii. The best is yet to come for some lucky person in the future. Butt you already know that part.

Kari in Alaska said...

Yay for the puppy but I am so sorry about Victoria :(

Anonymous said...

Awww what a cutie!

Chow Chow said...

Pompeii is as cute as his name!

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Aww Puppy!! Hes adorable and if you ever need someone to watch him you can send him to NY to visit me ;) I know how you feel on the Victoria front. Thats always hard wether its your decision or your parents to find them a new forever home (ive had both). My heart is with you. Good luck Victoria in your future endevors and good luck Pompeii on life as a PIT!

Havanese Puppy said...

Pompeii is extra cute! I hope you will have a lot of fun together in this year.

Havanese Puppy said...

Pompeii is extra cute! I hope you will have a lot of fun together in this year.