Saturday, January 23, 2010

What Did the Dog Say?

Hi Guys!
I am so tired furum my day that mom is gonna write dis posts fur me. BAYL!


Ah weekends, the best time to get some fun socialization with the puppies in. My friends and I had made plans earlier in the week to go see "Aladdin" put on by a local theatre troupe, along with doing some shopping together afterwards.

I woke up this morning to a mess. Poop was everywhere, on the his pen, blankets, on the floor....but somehow he managed to stay completely clean. I wiped him down with a damp cloth and brushed some "doggie perfume" into his fur just in case.

After getting that cleaned up, I ran all the dogs outside, to get in what little exercise we could, before Pompei and I left.

Tired puppies are Good Puppies.

That plan backfired on me when Pompei slept the entire 30 minute trip to the Playhouse. Halfway there I woke him up and played with him a little, in an attempt to give him more 'sleep time' during the play.

We arrived, pottied and walked to get in line for tickets. (Just over the last couple of days his leash walking is coming along nicely.) He was doing really well sitting and watching the people behind us, until a little boy ran up and flopped down in front of us. I gently reminded him about asking before petting strange dogs, and he backed up, and than asked.

I didn't have the heart to tell him no, so I had Pompei sit, and let the boy pet him.

Once inside, I laid down my coat and let him check out his new surrounds, before asking him to "down" which he did.

For about 30 seconds anyway.

By the time the play started, he'd settled himself halfway under the seat in front of us, so I just let him be.

He periodically moved further and further under the seat, until I had no choice but to fish him out, before he started nibbling the person shoes in front of us.

He gave up and slept for the remainder of the play.

After that we headed back towards town and stopped for some lunch, and than went through a local used bookstore. Since my friends and I all are bookworms, we were in there for a while.

Pomp was still pretty sleeping from our last excursion and was plodded along for a while, until he just curled up into a ball and went to sleep. So I carried him and my books for a while.

Who knew a 10wo puppy could be sooo heavy!! I finally collapsed on the nearest stool, and waited for my friends to finish their perusal of the store. Pompei was laying at my feet, charming all that passed him; he got up and I called his name, and asked him to sit.

He did, but looking for some kind of edible reward; but unfortunately for him, all I had to offer was praise.
Pompei and I in front of the Oak Ridge Playhouse

That was not good enough for his Highness. So he let out a bark to fill me in.

A couple of aisle over I heard a little voice pipe up:

"Mom?? What did the dog say?"

Erin & Pompeii

6 comments:

Sarah & Jim said...

Hi Erin!!
Seems like you've had a good couple of days. I am so fortunate that Jim is a good boy during concerts and plays. I am a frequent fine arts junkie and my favorite individual to go with is Jim.
Hope you and little Pompei are doing well.
Hugs & Wags,
Sarah & Jim

Erin said...

You are lucky but one day Pompei will be just as good! :)

Carrie and Waffle said...

Erin how old in Pompi? Truffle was born on 11/14 and much to my surprise is 10ws yesterday. She is so small, I keep thinking of her as a 8wk.

Kari in Alaska said...

awww the joys of puppyhood!

Sierra Rose said...

Oh Pompei is soooooo sweet!!! Doing well with the outings!!
Will have to go check out the Pompei's Post #1 now.... :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Sarah & Jim said...

Hi Erin!!
Seems like you've had a good couple of days. I am so fortunate that Jim is a good boy during concerts and plays. I am a frequent fine arts junkie and my favorite individual to go with is Jim.
Hope you and little Pompei are doing well.
Hugs & Wags,
Sarah & Jim